The end of summer always brings a wistful feeling. Like something so free and fun slipping between our fingers no matter how hard we try to hold on. Yet you think ahead to all the amazing moments to come in the autumn months, and there's no way you could be sad forever. Instead, we think about all the amazing moments and feelings we've had these past summer months, and relive them through memories that make us smile. We tried to capture that with this months playlist, and we hope you enjoy it! See all of our descriptions for each song choice below.
- One Dance by Drake: We really think it's the most perfect chill summer dance anthem. Something you can move to easily in the summer heat.
- Summer Nights by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John: How could we not put this one in?! It's the quintessential summer romance story.
- Strawberry Afternoons by Lonely Benson: We found this song and it just makes us daydream of the perfect summer afternoon in Paris. Too over the top? Don't care.
- Strangers in the Night by Frank Sinatra: It's that song that reminds you of being 17, meeting a guy and spending the whole night on the lake falling for each other. Or is that just me?? :)
- Waterloo by ABBA: We don't really have too many connections to this one other than it's just full of all the sounds that make me think of a fun sun-filled summer day. Oh and Greece, cause Mama Mia 2.
- San Francisco (Be Sure to Wear Flowers In Your Hair) by Scott McKenzie: How could this one not make you feel like you're back in the thick of the best summer days with flowers in your hair? Also, It reminds Louise of when she went to SF a few months back.
- Real Love Baby by Father John Misty: Just imagine this song on in the car, windows down, road tripping across the country. Or to the Maha Festival in Omaha this weekend where he'll be performing.
- Mo Money Mo Problems by Notorious B.I.G: A classic and another chill summer dance anthem. Something that has such a fun light sound.